Our Consultation Team presented this proposal to the district on September 24, 2020. The district took the proposal under advisement.
This proposal has not been approved by the Board of Trustees.
Subject: COVID 19 Reopening Agreement
Pending approval from the Austin ISD Board of Trustees, the identified parties hereby agree to the following:
- AISD will begin the reopening process only when the COVID 19 positivity rate of <5% and has been maintained for 14 consecutive days or more.
- The first stage of the phase in will include volunteer teachers and TAs only to teach students who voluntarily return to campus.
- Teachers and TAs with children will be allowed to work from home.
- Fear of being infected by the Coronavirus will be an acceptable reason to teach from home.
- All classified employees that report to work will be paid HeroPay at the rate of 2X their regular hourly rate of pay.
- A moratorium on all district and campus-based assessments (i.e. Benchmark) will be instituted for the 2020-2021 school year.
- At the time of an eventual reopening, teachers will be provided up to two days to prepare their classrooms.