Read our latest posts
- AISD Custodians Demand Fair Wages and Reasonable WorkloadsIn June of 2022, Education Austin won the most significant AISD minimum wage increase in recent years, $16 an hour from $13.50. Yet while our custodians received their much-deserved raise, AISD increased the maximum square footage requirement for custodians. This translated into unreasonable workloads, decreased staffing, and major burnout. The Education Austin custodian committee worked … Read more
- The Organizing Committee Is Looking to GrowThe Education Austin Organizing Committee (OC) runs district-wide member driven issue campaigns. Last year the OC’s “At What Cost?” campaign won numerous victories for AISD employees, including: preserving 6/8 for secondary teachers base pay increases & retention bonuses significant minimum wage increase $1000 stipend for completing the Reading Academy And much more! The OC is … Read more
- Consultation Update May 2022Education Austin met with the district for the Consultation Meeting on May 18, 2022. A summary of the issues discussed is below.
- Election ResultsThe 2022 Election results for the Certified and At-Large Representatives on the Education Austin Executive Board are as follows: The Certified Representatives for the term beginning June 1, 2022 are: Traci Dunlap, Karen Reyes, Maura Masters, Eric Ramos, Kynan Murtagh The At-Large Representatives for the term beginning June 1, 2022 are: Bree Rolfe, Carmela Valdez, … Read more
- Election of Certified and At-Large RepresentativesThe All-Members Election Meeting of Education Austin is set for 9:00-2:00 on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at the TSTA building, 8716 N Mopac Expy. The election is for the Certified and At-Large representatives on the Education Austin Executive Board. Click here to learn more about the Certified member candidates.