Does this describe you?
You’ve been a strong leader on your worksite and you’re ready to understand how to be a better organizer. People come to you with concerns, you organize worksite specific actions to better working conditions for you and your coworkers, and now you’re ready to take it to the next step.
Worksite Stewards are campus leaders that have completed Education Austin’s Worksite Steward Training Program. They are vital to the promotion, growth, and strength of the union. Worksite Stewards’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- completing Worksite Steward Training.
- being a union resource at the worksite.
- participating in union events.
- educating members and potential members about Education Austin.
- amplifying the voice of members so resources are directed to those needing it most.
- advocating for members at your worksite.
- building the union at your worksite.
- identifying and developing leaders.
- attending union mobilizations, trainings, conventions, and workshops.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our next Worksite Steward Training.