Come join the University Leadership Initiative’s 2016 Educators’ Conference! Sponsored by Education Austin, AFT, and TSTA/NEA, this year’s Educator’s Conference will include trainings from all 4 programs of ULI:
1) DACA OTD (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – Own The Dream)
- DACA (Deferred Action) process and requirements to obtain a work permit and social security number
- Life after DACA: benefits and limitations
2) DEEP (Dream Empowerment Education Program)
- In-State Tuition for undocumented students
- Applying for Financial Aid (TASFA)
3) QUIP (Queer Undocumented Immigrant Project)
- Creating Safer Spaces for LGBTQ Undocumented youth
4) DDP (Deportation Defense Project)
- Deportation and Mental Health
- Immigration 101 & The Role of Educators
The event will have a panel with DACAmented students, allies, and DACAmented teachers sharing their stories!
Breakfast and Lunch will be included in this FREE Conference!
Show up ready to learn about the world of what it means to be an undocumented student and how YOU can advocate for your students as an Educator!
Saturday, April 30th, 2016
Breakfast and Check-in from 8:00AM-9:00AM
Conference begins at 9:00AM and ends at 3:30PM
*Professional Development Hours granted for attendees (total of 6.5 hours)*
316 West 12th Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Participants can register at http://bit.ly/EdConference16
The conference is open to educators, counselors, social workers, parent support specialist, board members and administrators.
If you have any questions feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Soto at 832-443-7259